Friday, October 11, 2013

Study Mary with the Popes


I won’t lie; getting permission from Libreria Editrice Vaticana to gather a dozen papal encyclicals together for a unique Marian study was, well, awesome! Holding the contract in hand, gave me goose bumps.

To share my excitement, the contract in part reads:

Libreria Editrice Vaticana, located in the Vatican City State, in the person of the its Director and pro tempore legal representative, Prof. Don Giuseppe COSTA, sdb

and

Bezalel Books, A Catholic Publishing Company and Bookstore, Box 300427 Waterford, MI 48330, in the person of its President and pro tempore legal representative, Cheryl DICKOW.

Libreria Editrice Vaticana grants to Bezalel Books, a non exclusive permission to reproduce , in the work entitled: MARY EVER VIRGIN FULL OF GRACE. A STUDY OF PAPAL ENCYCLICALS ON MARY, by Cheryl Dickow, the following excerpts:

The contract then goes on to list the dozen encyclicals that are in the book which begin with Octobri Menseo the September 22, 1891 encyclical of Pope Leo XIII on the rosary and concludes with Redemptoris Mater the March 25, 1987 encyclcial of John Paul II on the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Life of the Pilgrim Church.


Awesome, right?


Add to that my chance to write study questions and reflection questions for these documents and you can see that this has been a dream come true for the teacher in me! Now I would like to invite you to study Mary with Pope Leo XIII, Pope Pius XII, Pope John XXIII, and John Paul II.


I promise that reading the words of these incredible teachers as they take us into the first understandings of the Rosary through Mary’s role as co-Redemptrix will be life-changing. As far as my role as editor in this book, I did my best to simply exist in the background and guide the reader through these incredible papal documents in a way that the questions and reflections try to make each document deeply personal and relevant. I pray you will like what I’ve done as I’ve tried to be faithful to the guidance of the Holy Spirit throughout. The work is consecrated to Jesus through Mary.

If you would like to use this book as a study, it is available to purchase individually or in groups of five.




Of course, if you would like to purchase larger quantities, please email me at Cheryl@BezalelBooks.com.


God bless you on your journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment